Friday, July 2, 2010

Calm Church Campout? Or Boy Heaven? You Choose.

There's a boy at my church named Steele who was turnin' five.  He's the oldest kid in his family.  He hasn't had a kid party before, so for his fifth birthday they decided to have Boy Day

First priority: No girls! 

They invited about seven families of boys and dads, which made about 15 boys!

We got there about 4pm and started to pitch our tents.  Here is our camp.  I slept in the gray tent with my dad, behind the red and white tent.  My brothers slept in the red and white tent.


Once we got the tents all ready we had a big, huge, enormous squirt gun fight!  You can see it in the following pictures.









After the squirt gun fight, we had some fun on the zip line!  Here is one of the kids that we all thought was cute and funny.  His name is Peter, and sometimes we called him Peeps.  He lives in a tree house, with his mom and dad and brothers and sister.  It is so cool!



This is almost all of us boys at the campfire, nice and warm.  We were about to cook our dinner - hot dogs!



And after we were done cookin', I brought something that I had kept a secret...

Colorful Fire!

I had a fantastic fun boy-o-rama time!  I hope they do it again next year!  :D

4 comments:

Gramma Grasshopper said...

Gunnar, it looks like you all had a fabulous time. I'm so glad that you got to use the 'secret colorful fire' as a surprise for everyone. It looks like it worked great! I'm just sorry I didn't buy more....but I hear that your Mom found out how to get more. I LOVE the new look to your blog...beautiful colors.

Cutzi said...

Thank you Gunnar! What a great post! I'm so glad you had such a fun time - it's so good for all of you boys at the chapel to spend time together building your friendship. I sure am thankful you are one of Steele's friends. And hopefully - we'll do it again next year!

Nathan said...

Hi Gunnar. Looks like it was a fun camp, especially the colourful fire. I like the new look of your blog. I'll come back again soon. Nathan Heyns.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Gunnar,

You did it!

Your "summer tweakments" look wonderful :D

Love you,

Mom